Searching for creative ways to give your Tampa home a mini-makeover before placing it on the market? Here are a few time tested methods to make your home look its best without breaking the bank.
1. Yard Work. First impressions matter so make sure the first thing prospective buyers encounter is an attractive yet low maintenance yard. Clear away any clutter, position a few welcoming flowers or attractive garden objects and then take an inventory by asking the following questions:
Yes/No Is the yard low maintenance? If not, consider replacing high maintenance shrubs or grass with native plants that are easy to care for and attractive.
Yes/No Does the yard provide a focal point? If not, plant a fruit tree, flower bed or other attractive area.
Yes/No Is there a notable problem spot in the yard? Unsightly power lines, a nuisance object from a neighbor or other unattractive feature can ruin an otherwise beautiful backyard. Put up a divider, shrubs or other screen to minimize the impact so potential buyers have an opportunity to really look around.
2. Paint. Painting is one of the best investments you can make; keep the colors neutral and take time to paint every room for a fresh clean appearance. Pay special attention to doors, window frames and other areas that typically receive a great deal of use.
3. Brighten the Lights. Make sure your home is well lit and bright when shown; open the curtains and install higher wattage bulbs in each room. It makes your home look more spacious and fresh when shown.
4. Pressure Spray. It is surprising how dirty the outside of your home can get; rent a pressure sprayer to clean the driveway, roof, eaves, walkway and other areas of concrete such as a patio etc around the home. It’s an inexpensive way to brighten the area and make it look clean and fresh.
5. Accessorize. The same way accessories turn a plain outfit into a stunning and sophisticated look can work wonders for your home. Instead of replacing doors, windows, cabinets and sinks take time to update door knobs, faucets, plumbing fixtures, lights and other accessories throughout the home. Combined with a deep scrub or fresh coat of paint, new knobs or other accessories can transform a dull appearance into a more modern and up to date look at a fraction of the cost.
6. Clean the Closet! Ditto for the garage, garden shed and cabinets. Prospective buyers are likely to look everywhere so don’t neglect those out of the way places. Make sure they are clean and attractive as well as accessible.
If you are looking to sell your Tampa home please give us a call.